Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Amazing Drill

Recently I needed to purchase a new drill for work, and chose this one for several reasons. First and foremost, I own several Bosch tools and I already know that when I buy Bosch I won't be disappointed. The craftsmanship and functionality of their tools is top notch, and this one is no exception. The second reason I chose this drill was due to the Lithium Ion battery pack. If you can get the same juice out of a smaller and lighter package, why not? With this drill in my hand I felt like I was holding an older 12v model, but with the power of an 18v. I'll never use Ni-MH again. What surprised me more than anything else though, is the way the battery holds power. With older drills, as the battery loses power, so does the drill. This drill works at full power until the battery is drained, allowing you to work at full capacity until its time to change batteries. The final reason I chose this drill was for the torque rating. Simply put, I like power, and its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. At this price point and combination of features, this was the most powerful drill available when I made my purchase. I find myself actually using the different torque and speed settings based on the job I am doing instead of just putting it on the highest setting and hoping I've got enough power. I'm probably going to get one of these for the house really soon even though I've got a perfectly fine cordless drill already. I like it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment