Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bosch does it again

Super tool! I usually don't brand-buy, but my garage seems to be collecting a lot of blue-green and red tools. I have a Bosch RO sander and jigsaw now, and I think they are both top notch. This cordless drill fits right in with the other quality tools. Background: I use this tool for light to heavy work (fine woodworking, drywall, rough carpentry, make holes in 4x4 joists with spade bits to run electrical cable).

The drill is very slender compared to my old (got it three years ago) cordless Craftsman. I can drill in tighter spaces now without having to use my 90 degree attachment. The size reduction also means a lighter tool, which is very deceptive; this drill has some serious power. Nothing like a corded drill but still... The power of the 18 volt is impressive to say the least. I love the 30-minute charge time for the baterries. I fully anticipate solely using this drill thoughout an entire day-long project.

The ratcheting lock it GREAT! I put in a bit and tighten it down with a ratchet lock. This feature has given me the utmost confidence that a bit will never again slip again.

The price is kind of up there compared to competitors, but you get a whole lot of quality with this purchase. Highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment